A brief summary of the Talc, Johnson & Johnson, Ovarian Cancer & Swann includes:
- On July 31, 2014, plaintiffs filed this action in the City of St. Louis Circuit Court, alleging eleven state law claims against defendants arising out of the design, testing, promotion, and sale of Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder and Shower to Shower (the “Talc Products”).
- Plaintiffs are sixty-two individuals who are citizens Missouri, New Jersey, California, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
- They allege that they or a decedent family member used the Talc Products to dust their perineum areas for feminine hygiene purposes, and as a result they developed ovarian cancer.
- The Court ruled: Granted
- For more on the Talc, Johnson & Johnson, Ovarian Cancer & Berg case, please follow this link: Talc, Johnson & Johnson, Ovarian Cancer & Swann – December 3, 2014.
For information on other cases involving asbestos and talcum powder products (baby powder, shower to shower…), please see the recent verdict for an Alabama woman that was awarded millions based on her use of these baby powder products –
- Asbestos and Talcum Powder St. Louis Missouri
- Johnson and Johnson to pay $55 million for Baby powder and ovarian cancer
The American Cancer Society references talcum powder and its relationship with asbestos – See this link: Talcum powder and asbestos
For more on asbestos exposure and the potential problems associated with asbestos exposure (e.g., asbestosis, cancer, lung cancer, mesothelioma…), please follow this link: AML
At the Gooch Law Firm, we pride ourselves on providing our clients reliable representation for even the most challenging cases.
If you have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer and believe the ovarian cancer is linked to your use of baby powder or shower to shower products (e.g. use talcum powder), and need a lawyer to help you file a lawsuit, please contact our office at 1.800.672.4916.